Sunday, April 28, 2013

Treasures, Are They Real?

I was lazily watching TV while eating my snacks. There were no channel that got my interest so I kept on changing channels here and there.

Then one news finally caught my attention,

'Old Man Found a Treasure Chest In The Nearby Beach.'

I literally jumped on my seat as I read the headline. What? An old man found a treasure?! He's so lucky!

I watched the news attentively as the reporters asked the old man about how did he find it.

"I was watching some cartoons and I got inspired after seeing the characters found treasures so I went to a nearby beach with my shovel and I dug out the sand. The life-guard scolded me but I kept on digging until, yea, I finally found this treasure."

I envied this old man but same with him, I got inspired. I shortly headed to the back-yard where my dad placed his shovel and his metal detector.

With big grin on my face, I happily made my way to a beach near my house.

--------

As I arrived there, I saw so many people with shovels and metal detectors. Maybe all of them watched the news too.

But I kept it in my head that I won't give up and lose from them so I went to an empty spot and switched on the metal detectors.

---------

I've been searching for 3 hours but what I found were trashes like soda cans and stuff.

I looked around my surrounding and everyone were already tired like me.

Slowly, each one of then went home with a frown on their faces. I was hopeless too, but I was eager to be rich so I kept on searching and searching.

------

I was the only one left and it was already dark. I lost my hope and headed home with a heavy heart.

I knocked on my door and my mom was standing behind it with her knuckles placed beside her hips. Oh no, she's mad.

-------

I received a long sermon that night, from my dad and mom. I felt very stupid believing that finding treasure is as easy as flipping your hands.

Maybe that old man used all his fortunes to find that treasure chest.



-Nadiyah Dzakirah 86

No comments:

Post a Comment